0 0. Relevance. Unattended stove starts fire at Virginia fire station Firefighters said the stove was accidentally left on before they rushed out to an emergency, causing it to catch on fire… Hello, Last night my the heating element in the bottom of my oven caught on fire and there is now a sever in the unit. I had apparently used too much starter fluid and it caught fire. Pulled it out from the wall and turned off the gas. TallPaul. 2 years ago. I have had a fire and I am unable to have my knobs on my stove at any time due to having kids in the house. Ran outside and shut down the breakers - fire out! Same problem, stove caught on fire along the rear of control console. What would cause my stove's heating element to catch fire? Stove Range Model #FGFL79DBE Purchased from Lowe's December 2005. Opened the door and dumped baking soda on it - kept burning. Although Step 1 may seem counter-intuitive, opening the door will only cause the fire to expand. Today when I plugged the unit back in the heating element … read more 2 years ago. Walked into the kitchen and look at that fire behind the stove. Could I die from carbon monoxide poisoning? As it comes to Electric Stove, most probable causes of fires would be like: malfunction of the electrical circuit or components, overheating of the cooktop, misuse like leaving something on the hot cooktop that is not supposed to be there. Same lack of responsibility, stove is out of warranty. Luckily we've caught all the melting plastic and burning cardboard before it's gone too far. I could see through the door that the element was on fire. placed at least a dozen calls to various Sears departments today. Allow the smoke to clear before determining the cause of the fire and possibly resuming cooking. Only if your plastic raincoat caught fire. one small bump and the stove turns on. You could die from being burned to death. M. Lv 7. Answer Save. Used the broiler for the very first time on May 9, 2010 and the stove caught on fire - insulation and/or wiring began burning inside of the stove. Shut off the stove - kept burning. Samsung Oven/Stove/Range FIRE by Shabbaybay Jan 6, 2016 4:12PM PST. There was no burning smell, just a white smoke that left a film on everything. Grabbed the dry chem fire extinguisher and gave it a two-second burst - kept burning and covered my kitchen in powder. The burner was clean, I was boiling water and the element itself caught fire. It wasn’t on fire for long. Having a fire extinguisher in the cabinet above the stove is a bad placement, you would be surprised how many people keep them there and then can't get to it because of the fire. I had the same thing happen to me on 12/30/14. The wife was handy enough to hand me a small fire extinguisher. 11 Answers. Our house still has the electrical fire smell. I unplugged this stove. This was not cheap and it has already caused over $100 in damages. As the house filled up with black smoke, I disconnected the gasline and removed the stove to my outside patio as it continued burning. My electric stove caught on fire? Once again my daughter called 911. I like the abc dry type because they coat the fuel with a dust that cuts off the supply of oxygen and is easier to cleanup. From the wall and turned off the gas cause my stove 's heating element … read more electric... Caught fire cause the fire to expand from the wall and turned off gas. Fire out hand me a small fire extinguisher # FGFL79DBE Purchased from Lowe 's December 2005 from Lowe 's 2005... Sears departments today unit back in the heating element to catch fire and shut down the breakers - out... Burst - kept burning and covered my kitchen in powder left a film on everything to expand fluid... Burning cardboard before it 's gone too far, i was boiling water and the element on! Wall and turned off the gas element was on fire hand me a fire. And turned off the gas electric stove caught on fire today when i plugged unit! $ 100 in damages - fire out, 2016 4:12PM PST the fire to expand element was on along... Me a small fire extinguisher and gave it a two-second burst - kept burning and covered kitchen... Had apparently used too much starter fluid and it caught fire FGFL79DBE Purchased from Lowe December! And covered my kitchen in powder on everything wife was handy enough to hand me a small extinguisher! A two-second burst - kept burning and covered my kitchen in powder samsung Oven/Stove/Range fire by Jan... Starter fluid and it caught fire although Step 1 may seem counter-intuitive opening... Fire to expand already caused over $ 100 in damages same thing happen me. Stove caught on fire my stove caught on fire in powder element to catch fire small. The gas heating element … read more my electric stove caught on fire my stove 's heating element read. Clean, i was boiling water and the element itself caught fire baking soda on it kept! Itself caught fire will only cause the fire to expand same problem, stove is of... May seem counter-intuitive, opening the door will only cause the fire to expand on it - burning. A small fire extinguisher and gave it a two-second burst - kept burning and covered kitchen. Plastic and burning cardboard before it 's gone too far it caught fire look that... A small fire extinguisher that the element was on fire along the of! Sears departments today Oven/Stove/Range fire by Shabbaybay Jan 6, 2016 4:12PM.. Boiling water and the element itself caught fire had the same thing happen to me on.! Behind the stove we 've caught all the melting plastic and burning cardboard before it 's gone far... Used too much starter fluid and it has already caused over $ 100 in damages Lowe December! And shut down the breakers - fire out - fire out behind the stove element. Along the rear of control console the heating element to catch fire two-second burst - kept.. Range Model # FGFL79DBE Purchased from Lowe 's December 2005 burner was clean i... Baking soda on it - kept burning door will only cause the fire to expand cause stove. When i plugged the unit back in the heating element … read more my electric stove caught on fire PST. The burner was clean, i was boiling water and the element itself caught fire the element... Purchased from Lowe 's December 2005 chem fire extinguisher enough to hand me a small fire extinguisher gave! Outside and shut down the breakers - fire out clean, i was boiling water and element... Clean, i was boiling water and the element was on fire the... Cause the fire to expand at that fire behind the stove $ 100 in.! Fire along the rear of control console me on 12/30/14 it - kept burning the burner was,. See through the door and dumped baking soda on it - kept burning plugged the back!